Custom Search
Who's Online
5 registered (ButterBean, Tamara, 3 invisible), 75 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest posts
First word that comes to your mind...
by Olivejuice
11:00 AM
LED lighted ring boxes
by Olivejuice
10:48 AM
my new 3 stone ring!
by jcent
08:20 AM
Pursue or let go??
by AdaBeta27
07:24 AM
Photos for Cricketgrrl
by Suz
08/27/14 05:11 PM
Forum Stats
11043 Members
49 Forums
47302 Topics
779014 Posts

Max Online: 307 @ 08/21/13 04:51 PM
Today's Birthdays
germahaitianese, Koren79
Newest Members
Lolu, Replica Handbag, akayani91, renee9102, swisswater
11043 Registered Users
(Views)Popular Topics
First word that comes to your mind... 35676189
celebrity engagement rings! 6728702
Has anyone done HCG for weigh loss 3100295
The Amora Blog...the Amora Gem Chapter 3096004
Check this seller out... 2244931
Favorites perfumes? 1945323
Meet Mira(tm)...a sneak, brief intro 1812899
Post your e-rings 1797580
Anyone want to be weight loss buddies? 1563838
what's for supper tonight? 1288257
Latest photos...
My Purple Raven
DK halo & stackers
Pear Spinel by DK
Rose gold collection!
custom Harry Potter inspired moissanite ring by David Klass
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#651278 - 08/14/11 01:51 PM Question about pink sapphire and morganite!
Dea Offline
Ashaholic

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Hey all! Does anyone here own one of the Avarra lab grown light pink sapphires? I am really interested in them, but for some reason I am really picky about pink and I do NOT like fuchsia or purple undertones. I would LOVE it if was a warm pink with peach undertones, but at the very least it needs to be a true pink and not somewhat mauve/lavendar as it kind of looks here: http://betterthandiamond.com/products/Avarra-Light-Pink-Lab-Sapphire%3A-Concave-Round-Cut.html.

Can anyone speak to this issue? Show me real life pictures?

Secondly, has anyone found a great place to buy loose Morganite? I really want a round stone and those seem to be rarer .. wonder why ...

Thanks!

#651288 - 08/14/11 02:43 PM Re: Question about pink sapphire and morganite! [Re: Dea]
Dana ♥ Offline
The Imperial Diamond

Loc: tion is everything
morganite is gorgeous, but their colour is generally very faint (compared to other coloured gemstones) and round cuts generally minimize the colour of a stone... so morganites tend to be cut in shapes that emphasize the body colour.

what size round morganite are you wanting?

#651294 - 08/14/11 03:09 PM Re: Question about pink sapphire and morganite! [Re: Dea]
roogirl Offline
BTD Crown Jewel

Loc: Sparklieville USA
A morganite is more peachy with pink undertones.... I have some lab sapphires that are bright hot pink ... to pink really... I love the color of morganite over pink sapphire really.. and like Dana said a round will wash the color out even more...

... but two places I know that sale morganite at good prices are

www.jtv.com

and

www.gemselect.com

..... smile ......

#651300 - 08/14/11 03:32 PM Re: Question about pink sapphire and morganite! [Re: Dana ♥]
Dea Offline
Ashaholic

Ahh, I didn't know that rounds made Morganite's color less intense ... that makes sense. I do like lighter colors, but I don't want it to look clear, either.

And I'm looking for an 8 or 9mm stone. : )

#651301 - 08/14/11 03:34 PM Re: Question about pink sapphire and morganite! [Re: roogirl]
Dea Offline
Ashaholic

Yeah, I definitely don't want hot pink, and that's what I'm afraid of! As long as it's warm and pinkish, I like everything from peach to baby pink, but I don't want either neon intensity or practically clear desaturated color. See - I'm picky!

Have you ever ordered a stone from JTV? Gemselect doesn't have one in the size I'm looking for right now but JTV worries me because you can't see the actual stone you're ordering.

#651306 - 08/14/11 04:10 PM Re: Question about pink sapphire and morganite! [Re: Dea]
Dana ♥ Offline
The Imperial Diamond

the morganites at JTV can be very pretty, they vary from almost clear, to a very pretty peachy-pink.
whenever i order loose stones from JTV, i try to order at least three identical ones - so i can pick the prettiest and return the others :P

but morganites don't sparkle like a diamond... they do sparkle, but it's a more subdued sparkle.

plus, remember that they're emeralds, so they are softer stones and not really meant for daily wear.

i've spent SO much time & money hunting to find just the right shade of pale pink... the Very Lightest Pink available from WinkCZ is sooo close. in some lighting, it's cotton candy pink, and in other light it's just a hint of pink.
but that's not helpful if you're only looking for a gemstone, is it? blush

#651313 - 08/14/11 05:27 PM Re: Question about pink sapphire and morganite! [Re: Dea]
roogirl Offline
BTD Crown Jewel

Loc: Sparklieville USA
That's the best way to order from JTV... they aren't the worlds largest gemstone sellers for nothing... grin

always if you can order two or three and then pick... if that still doesn't do it have them to send out two or three more and keep on til you get what your looking for... I've done it a few good times to get the stone color and cut that I've wanted... they are an awesome company to work with...

#651315 - 08/14/11 05:34 PM Re: Question about pink sapphire and morganite! [Re: roogirl]
Dea Offline
Ashaholic

Are they easy to do returns with? Their shipping doesn't seem TOO bad.

And would you order 3 of the same stone, or one of each variety they have in the size/mm you want?

#651318 - 08/14/11 06:04 PM Re: Question about pink sapphire and morganite! [Re: Dea]
Dana ♥ Offline
The Imperial Diamond

the only time i've ever had issues with JTV's returns process was on "free shipping" items, where they wanted to take the shipping fee out of the returned amount. a few emails or a phone call and it was taken care of.
other than that, simple.

and, yes, i'll order three or five identical stones, and keep the one i like best (or none, if i don't like any of them).

if i'm curious about multiple cuts/sizes/options/etc then i may order three or five of each variation. to be able to compare them all and see what i like.

#651333 - 08/14/11 06:46 PM Re: Question about pink sapphire and morganite! [Re: Dana ♥]
Dea Offline
Ashaholic

Good to know. I'll try that, though I'm still curious about the Avarra sapphire! : )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Dana ♥, gemcat, tricksi