Custom Search
Who's Online
2 registered (canary22, becleeham), 50 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest posts
Coconut oil is awesome!!!!
by SugarCloud
50 minutes 26 seconds ago
What to do when a project goes bad?
by CaraMish
Today at 07:46 PM
My new Chris CZ stones
by MaryZ
Today at 05:14 AM
Pink Perfection!!
by Pink Crush
Yesterday at 12:01 PM
The 3 reasons I have been gone ;)
by abunnybabe
Yesterday at 09:24 AM
Forum Stats
11211 Members
49 Forums
47430 Topics
780276 Posts

Max Online: 307 @ 08/21/13 04:51 PM
Today's Birthdays
materialgirl, Rayne
Newest Members
grilledcheese, Kimbo, AndrewD, Isolde, Webie
11211 Registered Users
(Views)Popular Topics
First word that comes to your mind... 36640538
celebrity engagement rings! 7040133
The Amora Blog...the Amora Gem Chapter 3348398
Has anyone done HCG for weigh loss 3199025
Check this seller out... 2346509
Favorites perfumes? 1994899
Meet Mira(tm)...a sneak, brief intro 1888170
Post your e-rings 1856217
Anyone want to be weight loss buddies? 1623007
what's for supper tonight? 1338339
Latest photos...
Floral OEC 3 stone
My Purple Raven
DK halo & stackers
Pear Spinel by DK
Rose gold collection!
Page 7 of 12 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#666799 - 10/02/11 09:51 AM Re: Diamond Candles? [Re: flashfrenzy]
SaraAnna1104 Offline
Omniscient

Loc: Good ol' Uncle Sam decides tha...
Originally Posted By: flashfrenzy
I can't imagine anyone giving this as a gift. Except, maybe a husband giving one to his wife...praying for some luck, lol.

Can you imagine giving one to a friend for her birthday and she found an expensive ring in it? :X

LOL but my friends would get a kick out of a gumball ring! None of us would expect a valuable ring, we'd just enjoy the novelty aspect of the gift. wink We love candles, though, so the gift would be the candle. We were all talking about it being fun, not really a way to get an engagement ring out of it wink

Edited by SaraAnna1104 (10/02/11 09:55 AM)

#666809 - 10/02/11 10:10 AM Re: Diamond Candles? [Re: KatNewby]
SaraAnna1104 Offline
Omniscient

Loc: Good ol' Uncle Sam decides tha...
Well, my cousin just ordered one to give her 14 year old daughter as a "just because" gift. When she ordered she was given a "special offer for my friends" link, that gives you a $5 rebate. So, I know they are not for everyone, but if you are interested, here is the link for the $5 rebate:
http://dc.curebit.com/x/unWaW
It expires in 5 days smile

Edited by SaraAnna1104 (10/02/11 10:24 AM)
Edit Reason: fixed link

#666814 - 10/02/11 10:17 AM Re: Diamond Candles? [Re: KatNewby]
MissKK Offline
Omniscient

Loc: Snohomish, Washington
totally agree sara. Life is a gamble anyway, why not have a little fun as long as you don't go crazy. smile

#666821 - 10/02/11 10:39 AM Re: Diamond Candles? [Re: SaraAnna1104]
flashfrenzy Offline
The Pink Orchid

Originally Posted By: SaraAnna1104
I can't imagine anyone giving this as a gift. Except, maybe a husband giving one to his wife...praying for some luck, lol.

Can you imagine giving one to a friend for her birthday and she found an expensive ring in it? :X

LOL but my friends would get a kick out of a gumball ring! None of us would expect a valuable ring, we'd just enjoy the novelty aspect of the gift. wink We love candles, though, so the gift would be the candle. We were all talking about it being fun, not really a way to get an engagement ring out of it wink

That's the thing...of course, to expect just a gumball ring is one thing...and lots of fun if a friend or you were to find one. But if someone fond a $5000 ring in her candle? THAT would be awkward. I know I wouldn't be able to keep it. AT the very least, I'd have to sell it and split the funds with the gift-giver! That happening is a long shot, but still. It's like giving the $1 lottery tickets as gifts. Most likely you wouldn't win anything and it was fun trying, but what if you won 1000's? I would feel obligated to split the winnings.

Edited by flashfrenzy (10/02/11 10:40 AM)

#666828 - 10/02/11 10:54 AM Re: Diamond Candles? [Re: flashfrenzy]
kangaroocrazy Offline
The Florentine Diamond

Loc: Washington

I was secretly selfishly thinking this myself!! heehee blush blush blush

#667126 - 10/03/11 02:10 PM Re: Diamond Candles? [Re: KatNewby]
KatNewby Offline
Connoisseur

Loc: Michigan
Oh Sparklee, I would LOVE to know what source you used to learn how to make candles and which kind of wax, wicks, & most importantly frangrance oils you use! I'm doing it with the intent that it will just be a fun hobby that will save me money, but I might also sell them to friends if there is an interest & I become good at it & like it as much as you do smile

#667129 - 10/03/11 02:14 PM Re: Diamond Candles? [Re: SaraAnna1104]
roogirl Offline
BTD Crown Jewel

Loc: Sparklieville USA
Originally Posted By: SaraAnna1104

This is just what I was thinking.... I told my Sister about it and she said that is what she might get some of the lady Doctors and nurses she works with for Christmas... not because the jewelry might be nice... but just all in all it's such a fun gift... laugh

#667131 - 10/03/11 02:17 PM Re: Diamond Candles? [Re: KatNewby]
roogirl Offline
BTD Crown Jewel

Loc: Sparklieville USA
I would love to now how to make candles... I've looked around online before and have read some instructinal websites... but what I remember before about seeing Sparklee's hers was soooooo pretty.... I think if I would try it would just end up in a mess.... frown

#667137 - 10/03/11 02:30 PM Re: Diamond Candles? [Re: KatNewby]
Jezebel Offline
Mentor

Loc: In front of my IPhone :)
My candle is on it's way:)
I told a bunch of girls from my salon about the diamond candles on Sat. I bet there were at least 10 ordered that night!!!
So much fun:)

#667149 - 10/03/11 02:53 PM Re: Diamond Candles? [Re: KatNewby]
KatNewby Offline
Connoisseur

Loc: Michigan
Wow, this little post has turned into some seriously money for diamond candles apparently! Funny how, being the one to post it, I've decided against purchasing one! Haha

I'm a little nervous that after buying the stuff to make candles I might realize I am terrible at making them, don't much enjoy it, or just think the expense isn't worth all the work. I'm typically the type to invest in fun new things only to find that it wasn't what it was chalked up to be, so I'm not going to purchase the candle making items until I'm sure I know what I am getting into..

Page 7 of 12 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 >

Moderator:  Dana ♥, gemcat, tricksi