Hi there MlleJulie, I don't have all the answers but I'll try my best to answer your questions and maybe someone else can chime in who may know more then me.
- Does the Amora H&A gem also pick up from the surrounding colors (like the C&C moissanite does)?
- We don't know yet as no one has had an opportunity to field test it because they are still in production
- I read that the RB cut of the C&C moissanite are a bit shallow and that it can look a bit glass like/flat. Is that also a problem with the Amora H&A gem?
-Nope, the current C&C cut is Round Brilliant, not H&A, you can see pictures and a video of the H&A cut on the better then diamonds Amora page
- I can't really find any specific answeres to the question about the hardness of the Amora gem. How does it compare to the C&C moissanite? And what is the difference between hardness and toughness? Is the Amora more durable than diamonds because the toughness is greater?
I don't believe Less has posted a comparison in hardness to diamonds yet, but Less has stated that Amora Gem is harder then a sapphire by 23% and that he needs to do further testing and hasn't posted any more stats-
I am guessing that since a Sapphire is 9 on the mohs scale and C&C Moissy is 9.25 it is the same hardness as the C&C Moissy.
I do not think that is harder or tougher than a diamond, but i seem to recall that the atomic bonding is different so that it resist dirt/oil better than diamonds...
- When the Amora is compared to diamonds is that comparason based on a diamond with the best 4Cs available? If not, I guess several stones might have more brilliance than a poorly cut diamond.
-**I think**- but am not sure that the brilliance is based on the rough not the cut- so it is more brilliant then diamonds, and it is cut perfectly
- Will Amora OECs be available fairly soon (in 2012)? And will the culet be as big as on the C&C moissanite (I hope not)?
Amoras hopefully will start being available in Spring 2012 in Non-banned country's- but this is only a guesstimate at this point, many things could impact the start date and push it back (or maybe forward)
- I live in a country where the patent exists, but I couldn't see Norway on the list over countries where the patent is valid. Would it be possible to send the Amora to Norway then?
If Norway is not on the banned country list- which I don't see that it is you are able to order a Amora when avalible and have it shipped to Norway- then it is up to you to do whatever you want with it, including taking it/having it shipped elsewhere
Hope I helped some, and welcome to boards, I don't post much but I lurk a lot!