Custom Search
Who's Online
5 registered (Nikki_Lovely, Sesha, jewelryaddict, jonesishere, 1 invisible), 76 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest posts
celebrity engagement rings!
by Emanuela
La Poussette earring backs question
by MrsMike_C
02:56 PM
Time Frame??
by diamondangel
06:40 AM
I was surprised with a....
by ibchick
01:15 PM
Embarassing love life question....
by elf925
12:53 PM
Forum Stats
11014 Members
49 Forums
47279 Topics
778787 Posts

Max Online: 307 @ 08/21/13 04:51 PM
Today's Birthdays
2423kids, emilooo, partofthebride
Newest Members
imposterpockets, sparkle21, kchrones, rickz, Donna Noble
11014 Registered Users
(Views)Popular Topics
First word that comes to your mind... 35582079
celebrity engagement rings! 6694955
Has anyone done HCG for weigh loss 3091293
The Amora Blog...the Amora Gem Chapter 3069226
Check this seller out... 2233157
Favorites perfumes? 1940483
Meet Mira(tm)...a sneak, brief intro 1807218
Post your e-rings 1790383
Anyone want to be weight loss buddies? 1557337
what's for supper tonight? 1282679
Latest photos...
My Purple Raven
DK halo & stackers
Pear Spinel by DK
Rose gold collection!
custom Harry Potter inspired moissanite ring by David Klass
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#699163 - 01/07/12 10:22 AM Re: Metabolism miracle/PGX [Re: Firefly]
jcent Offline
BTD Crown Jewel

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: Firefly
jcent, did you use PGX while on Atkins?

yes, I did. smile

#699168 - 01/07/12 10:53 AM Re: Metabolism miracle/PGX [Re: jcent]
e.taylor Offline
The Black Orlov

Thanks for the distinction Sparklee. I got distracted last night and didn't go read. I think that the restriction while your body switches it's fuel is essential. That alone would make me recommend Atkins over the MM. I'll still read it, just to know what they're saying but I can see now why you could gain on it.

#699173 - 01/07/12 11:06 AM Re: Metabolism miracle/PGX [Re: Firefly]
sparklee Offline
The Millenium Star

Loc: My house
That's the thing! In my opinion, "free foods" are not really free if they contain carbs. Even veggie carbs are going to add up if you eat like 10 tomatoes in a day - not that I did - or would - but you know what I mean.

The thing I just couldn't wrap my mind around was that you have to eat a lot of free foods in order for the diet to be effective. All that did for me was add weight!! When I brought this to everyone's attention I was told that I'm obviously not a Metabolism -B type despite the fact I have almost ALL the symptoms. Go figure........

#699210 - 01/07/12 12:40 PM Re: Metabolism miracle/PGX [Re: sparklee]
Firefly Offline
Fiend

Originally Posted By: sparklee

With Atkins you are only allowed a limited amount of carb grams per day depending on what phase of the diet you are in. MM does not require you to count carb grams except for the 5x5 foods. "Free foods" do contain carbs, but you don't count them, so essentially you can run up that count.

That's funny, I didn't see that. All of the allowed foods listed for step one, or the free foods either have no carbs, or you have to make sure that if you eat the ones that do have carbs that you only eat a serving that has 5g or less and not eat any other carbs within 5 hours before or after. For instance, if you eat a small to medium tomato with lunch you would not eat any other carbs with it, or within 5 hours. Maybe it has changed since it first came out? I will probably try Atkins since it's been around so long and so many people have had success with it.

#699369 - 01/07/12 08:03 PM Re: Metabolism miracle/PGX [Re: Firefly]
sparklee Offline
The Millenium Star

Originally Posted By: Firefly
Originally Posted By: sparklee

With Atkins you are only allowed a limited amount of carb grams per day depending on what phase of the diet you are in. MM does not require you to count carb grams except for the 5x5 foods. "Free foods" do contain carbs, but you don't count them, so essentially you can run up that count.

That's funny, I didn't see that. All of the allowed foods listed for step one, or the free foods either have no carbs, or you have to make sure that if you eat the ones that do have carbs that you only eat a serving that has 5g or less and not eat any other carbs within 5 hours before or after. For instance, if you eat a small to medium tomato with lunch you would not eat any other carbs with it, or within 5 hours. Maybe it has changed since it first came out? I will probably try Atkins since it's been around so long and so many people have had success with it.

The foods in the allowed (green) columns are not carb-free. Even with less than 5g of carbs, they add up very quickly. It is only the foods in the 5x5 column that you are only allowed every 5 hours. The green columns are free foods and can be consumed at any time.

#699374 - 01/07/12 08:19 PM Re: Metabolism miracle/PGX [Re: Firefly]
jcent Offline
BTD Crown Jewel

Loc: Canada
any diet with that type of chart is too much for me to wrap my head around, lol. I don't want to push you into Atkins Firefly, but it really so much simpler. 15 grs of net carbs per day to start, that is it. smile All you need is a carb counter and to be good about reading labels.

#699375 - 01/07/12 08:26 PM Re: Metabolism miracle/PGX [Re: Firefly]
flashfrenzy Offline
The Pink Orchid

Oh thanks for posting that! I plan on detoxing from carbs starting Monday. I may have to lock myself in the house for a couple weeks! I skeeered!

#699431 - 01/08/12 06:46 AM Re: Metabolism miracle/PGX [Re: flashfrenzy]
e.taylor Offline
The Black Orlov

don't be!!! It's an amazing feeling once your body is burning fat for fuel. So stable, comfortable and easy. Totally worth it!

(of course I say this as I have seven layer bars baking in the oven for a blessing later today....they're gluten free but still full of sugar!!! I must resist!)

#699438 - 01/08/12 06:56 AM Re: Metabolism miracle/PGX [Re: flashfrenzy]
sparklee Offline
The Millenium Star

Originally Posted By: flashfrenzy
Oh thanks for posting that! I plan on detoxing from carbs starting Monday. I may have to lock myself in the house for a couple weeks! I skeeered!

The first few days for me are usually horrible! Grumpiness, headache, all over lethargy and a craving for everything. The only thing that helps is to drink lots and lots of water. Get over the first week and it's plain sailing..........

Good luck!

#699439 - 01/08/12 06:58 AM Re: Metabolism miracle/PGX [Re: sparklee]
e.taylor Offline
The Black Orlov

Me too Sparklee. Days 2-4 are the worst. I drink lots of water, green tea and make sure I have legal snacks on hand. I also make hot cocoa (a bit of whipping cream, water, cocoa, stevia, vanilla and salt) which makes me feel like I'm doing something ridiculously decadent! lol!

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Dana ♥, gemcat, tricksi