Custom Search
Who's Online
3 registered (blkqueen, qweqwe, 1 invisible), 40 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest posts
Finally!
by Eleanore
Today at 06:13 PM
First word that comes to your mind...
by mmascall
Today at 01:26 PM
DC Vacation Advice Needed!
by elf925
Yesterday at 10:14 PM
my new 3 stone ring!
by jcent
Yesterday at 07:48 PM
David Klass Photo Gallery
by haley459
08/30/14 11:33 PM
Forum Stats
11048 Members
49 Forums
47311 Topics
779093 Posts

Max Online: 307 @ 08/21/13 04:51 PM
Today's Birthdays
tpdt
Newest Members
qweqwe, hanksmomwv, lbrubin, nopqrs807976, Staciann
11048 Registered Users
(Views)Popular Topics
First word that comes to your mind... 35704008
celebrity engagement rings! 6738817
The Amora Blog...the Amora Gem Chapter 3106650
Has anyone done HCG for weigh loss 3103921
Check this seller out... 2249367
Favorites perfumes? 1947689
Meet Mira(tm)...a sneak, brief intro 1815259
Post your e-rings 1800006
Anyone want to be weight loss buddies? 1566251
what's for supper tonight? 1290194
Latest photos...
My Purple Raven
DK halo & stackers
Pear Spinel by DK
Rose gold collection!
custom Harry Potter inspired moissanite ring by David Klass
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#721352 - 03/12/12 01:19 PM Re: Forever Brilliant compared to Amora Enhanced - photo review [Re: morning glory]
MissKK Offline
Omniscient

Loc: Snohomish, Washington
Originally Posted By: morning glory
Why would the test stones involve a coating if the final product is not coated?

I'm glad you guys came to clarify but I'm not sure if it's enough for me. At this point I'd rather do business with Less but good luck with the Forever Brilliant.

well obviously I don't think many who come to these forums and see the amora vs the fb are going to pick the fb. I know what company I'd buy enhanced moissy from.. just remember all moissy comes from c&c for now anyway. either way you go you are still buying from C&C.

Edited by MissKK (03/12/12 01:20 PM)

#721355 - 03/12/12 01:23 PM Re: Forever Brilliant compared to Amora Enhanced - photo review [Re: lessw]
btrflai Offline
Connoisseur

Loc: Central Coast of California - ...
So, correct me if I am wrong but isn't it either moissaniteco.com or C&C? I understand that Less Amora-izes the stones but it's actually moissaniteco that sells them?

Please do, correct me if I am wrong.

#721356 - 03/12/12 01:24 PM Re: Forever Brilliant compared to Amora Enhanced - photo review [Re: MissKK]
morning glory Offline
Connoisseur

Originally Posted By: MissKK

well obviously I don't think many who come to these forums and see the amora vs the fb are going to pick the fb. I know what company I'd buy enhanced moissy from.. just remember all moissy comes from c&c for now anyway. either way you go you are still buying from C&C.

Well, we haven't really seen the FB stone yet. We've only seen the coated stones they sent out by mistake, the ones Less had tested.
I know the moissy for Amora moissy comes from C&C. Once Amora Gem hits the market that won't be a problem. grin

#721358 - 03/12/12 01:28 PM Re: Forever Brilliant compared to Amora Enhanced - photo review [Re: btrflai]
morning glory Offline
Connoisseur

Originally Posted By: btrflai
So, correct me if I am wrong but isn't it either moissaniteco.com or C&C? I understand that Less Amora-izes the stones but it's actually moissaniteco that sells them?

I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Let me see if I can get this right...
Moissaniteco . com is MikeC & Mrs.Mike (Jera)
BTD and Asha Diamonds is Less

C&C makes and sells ALL moissy...Less enhances them with Amora treatment which is sold at BTD and Moissco.

C&C own website is moissanite . com and they will sell their own Forever Brilliant.

I wonder if Less can take a FB and Amoraize it and make it even whiter, lol!!!

#721359 - 03/12/12 01:30 PM Re: Forever Brilliant compared to Amora Enhanced - photo review [Re: morning glory]
btrflai Offline
Connoisseur

Loc: Central Coast of California - ...

C&C makes and sells ALL moissy...Less enhances them with Amora treatment which is sold at BTD and Moissco.

C&C own website is moissanite . com and they will sell Forever Brilliant.

You answered it for me =) I thought for some reason that only moissaniteco.com sold the Amora moissanite stones. I didn't realize that they could be purchased through BTD. Thanks!! =)

#721384 - 03/12/12 03:00 PM Re: Forever Brilliant compared to Amora Enhanced - photo review [Re: morning glory]
Mike_C Offline
Connoisseur

Loc: The Great US of A

It all depends on how the enhancement is done. If it changes the stone at an atomic level like the Amora process does, then yes, it could be. If it is a surface enhancement, than the heat will likely just burn it off.

Just to re-explain how the Amora process "whitens" the stone it fixes broken bonds in the crystal structure of the Moissanite. Once mended, these no-longer-broken Moissanite bonds don't react with incoming light and so the stone is whiter. Therefore it makes the Moissanite more perfect and fixes the color at its source.

If the Forever Brilliant process isn't fixing the broken bonds and thereby fixing the color at its source (they have stated multiple times its not HPHT) then logically they must be adding something to the stone to make it appear whiter.

I am very interested to learn more, but unfortunately at this point we can only wait until the great unveiling in April.

I do appreciate Randy posting here. I know not only their retailers (such as me) but shareholders will appreciate more transparency.

#721390 - 03/12/12 03:20 PM Re: Forever Brilliant compared to Amora Enhanced - photo review [Re: morning glory]
kangaroocrazy Offline
The Florentine Diamond

Loc: Washington

But wait,..Ashadiamonds.com is owned by Mike & Jera who also own moissaniteco.com

C&C own website is moissanite . com and they will sell their own Forever Brilliant.

#721399 - 03/12/12 03:27 PM Re: Forever Brilliant compared to Amora Enhanced - photo review [Re: lessw]
morning glory Offline
Connoisseur

Quote:
But wait,..Ashadiamonds.com is owned by Mike & Jera who also own moissaniteco.com

Heheee...yes, I got that backwards. It IS confusing sometimes!! Mira-Amora, moissco- moiss.com, Less-Mike, melee-melly, DK-SK-GOG-LM.... crazy

I always find myself thinking Asha is Less because he posts restock updates on Fridays in the Amora update threads. smile

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Dana ♥, gemcat, tricksi