So, a lot has happened in the past 2.5 months; I moved to Ohio and began my grad school classes (YAY!), while Mark had emergency surgery (not too serious, phew) and recuperated and then got to work on his other projects to meet his clients' deadlines. We emailed again last week, and I got updated CAD images from Mark, where I had asked him to tweak the crown a bit to be more bowl-shaped at the long ends. The images are in grayscale to make seeing the difference easier.
First, the before. Then, the after. The difference is in the curvature of the prongs and the amount of space between the stone and the metal at those ends. Very slight change.
Anyway, today, he emailed me the cost of the project, and I expect we will send him the remainder of the total sometime in mid-July. Soooo excited!