Custom Search
Who's Online
10 registered (MissCassie, lovedogs, mmascall, Abbyxkay, 3 invisible), 222 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest posts
Round Amora Ultra 2.73ct Color G Clarity VS1 23 Photos
by TRacoon
Yesterday at 01:41 PM
Re-done original solitaire
by Eleanore
Yesterday at 01:25 AM
by Queen of Sparkle
BTD Light Ceylon Blue Oval Sapphire
by Sequinhat
MoissaniteCo's yellow sapphire - TDF! Pic Heavy :)
by MissCassie
Forum Stats
14296 Members
37 Forums
45690 Topics
750232 Posts

Max Online: 550 @
Today's Birthdays
Newest Members
Sonali Khanna, yougottabkittenm, Stefan, puppylove2, moissieluvr
14296 Registered Users
(Views)Popular Topics
First word that comes to your mind... 44641098
celebrity engagement rings! 8647674
The Amora Blog...the Amora Gem Chapter 4738424
Has anyone done HCG for weigh loss 3889857
Check this seller out... 2875570
Meet Mira(tm)...a sneak, brief intro 2431468
Favorites perfumes? 2326050
Anyone want to be weight loss buddies? 1994843
First word that comes to your mind... 1388283
Old European Cut (OEC) Moissanite Possibly in the Future 1350633
Latest photos...
Emerald cut w/bags by David Klass
Moissanite Co. Columbian Emerald with inclusions - more photos by request
My new emerald ring!
Moisco FB sol202 eband019
2.50cttw  Cushion Moissy 5 Stone
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#7846 - White sapphires next best thing to Asha
Gail Offline

I bought a good quality diamond cut round white sapphire from planetary gems several months ago and then compared it to the H&A Asha in all lighting. In sunlight, they were virtually identical. In indoor lighting, the Asha won hands down in sparkle. I have not had the sapphire or the Asha set yet so cannot compare them in that respect. Both are very pretty. But a white sapphire might make a nice gemstone e-ring, generally comparable to a D color diamond, if you like them that colorless.

Hopefully that link will work.

#7847 - Re: White sapphires next best thing to Asha [Re: Gail]
diamondangel Offline
BTD Crown Jewel

Loc: Northwestern NJ
The majority of white sapphires that I have seen have not looked that great as a diamond simulant. They are pretty for what they are, but I don't think the ones I have seen look very diamond like.

Email [email protected] for Fine custom jewelry, diamonds, gems, WinkCZs, Ashas & Amora!

#7848 - Re: White sapphires next best thing to Asha [Re: diamondangel]
Gail Offline

I was very fortunate that I was able to find a very good quality sapphire at Planetary Gems. It is the only gem I have bought from them so far but I may buy more in the future because they have some beautiful sapphires. The diamond cut white sapphire I bought was not cheap, I think it was $333.00 @ 1.72 ct. I looked at both the sapphire and the H&A round Asha in many lightings and was impressed by both, though the Asha did sparkle more in indoor lighting. I have looked at many sapphires and often they are not what I would consider good quality. I only began looking at the white sapphires as a kind of side trip from looking for good quality yellow sapphires. I did not discover BTD while they had their yellow Ashas and have wanted a yellow diamond substitute for some time now, which led me to yellow sapphires. I have seen a few yellow sapphires that appear to be well cut and very pretty but have just not found what I am looking for yet. I like canary too but also like the orangy-yellow color of the Takaras, though those are a bit out of my price range without some sort of financing. And like you have said, it is hard to justify to oneself sometimes spending so much on themselves when there is a family to raise. Some, most really, of the yellow sapphires are out of my price range too, but so far I have not found what I am looking for in yellow anyway. The problem of course is to bypass the inferior stones and find the very good quality sapphires with a price you can live with. So I am still looking...

#7849 - Re: White sapphires next best thing to Asha [Re: Gail]
nichole Offline

Loc: Washington State
I considered a white sapphire as diamond simulant, but the refractive index of sapphire is sooooo much lower, and I think that is what makes diamonds so fun... the refraction ;-)

Nichole Webb

Moderator:  Dana ♥, gemcat, tricksi